** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Fonts in global menubar and elsewhere become jagged when antialiasing
  is set to "grayscale"

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  When I upgraded to Oneiric, the fonts in Unity -- in the global
  menubar, the clock, my name in the user menu, and in the hover text
  for apps on the dock -- became very jagged and seemingly fully hinted.
  After some playing around I discovered that changing the antialiasing
  setting in gnome-tweak-tool from "Grayscale" to "Rgba" fixed this
  problem.