I'm having this same issue in Ubuntu 12.04 beta 2 and Firefox 11. Not
only can I not move multiple bookmarks/folders at the same time, but
doing so locks up the entire desktop for about a minute.

  Can't move multiple bookmarks to different folders in the library

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “firefox-3.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: mozilla-firefox

  Hardy beta Firefox 3 Beta 4

  Steps to reproduce:
  1) Have several bookmarks and several bookmark folders
  2) Click Book marks and Show all bookmarks
  3) In the library window hold down shift or ctrl to select multiple bookmarks
(the more you select the worse the problem is)
  4)Now try to drag your selection to a folder on the left. You'll find that
because the selection is flat orange and not semi-transparent it is very
difficult, at times impossible to see where you are dropping your bookmarks.

  Workaround:
  Move bookmarks one at a time. If you have a lot as I do this can be very time
consuming!