Architecture: i386
Date: Thu Apr 19 09:34:33 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386
(20100816.2)
SourcePackage: metacity
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-03-01 (48 days ago)

** Affects: metacity (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-bug i386 precise

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  unity-2d launcher behind a full screen window

Status in “metacity” package in Ubuntu:

  Not exactly a show-stopper bug ... I have a terminal window, not
  maximazed, but full screen. I'm using Unity-2D+metacity, with
  composite support is switched on. The terminal window is semi-
  transparent. Now, if I move the mouse to the left side of the screen,
  I can see (through the semi transparent window) that Unity-2D's
  launcher is shown (it's configured for auto-hide). I guess it's a
  problem, since in case of a full screen window, I wouldn't except that
  anything other is activated if I move the mouse through the screen, as
  the screen is filled with a full screen window, so no other thing
  should be involved. The only problem I have with this: if I switch
  workspace then, unity-2d's launcher is still shown, so I have to move
  the mouse pointer on it, and then remove so it can be hidden, which is
  a bit annoying to do all the time, as I would like auto-hide ...

  Maybe it's not a metacity but an unity-2d problem?

  Package: metacity 1:2.34.1-1ubuntu11
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu5