This is fixed now.

** Changed in: jockey
       Status: Confirmed => Fix Released

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)
       Status: Confirmed => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/465535

Title:
  Restricted Drivers (jockey) not detecting Broadcom STA or B43 Drivers

Status in Jockey driver manager:
  Fix Released
Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: jockey-common

  Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 9.10
  Issue: Wireless drivers not detected
  Package issue: jocky-common
  Way to resolve: sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source
  Problem: very inconvenient for new users and nearly impossible to fix without 
downgrading to a previous version.

  Full Description:
  I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop. On a clean install of ubuntu I need to 
download either the B43 driver or the STA driver for my wireless card. However, 
when I went into the "Restricted Drivers" it said that I had no drivers that 
were restricted. I tried restarting several times and still there was nothing. 
Thus there was no ability for me to connect wirelessly. To get my wireless to 
work I had to plug in to a wired network and run:

  $sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source

  After this completed I was able to restart and activate my wireless
  card. So this is a problem and a long hand way solution for people to
  fix it if they have a Broadcom type of card.

  The main issue is that for non-computer savvy people they will not get
  wireless on their laptops and switch back to either an older version
  of to another OS like Windows.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/jockey/+bug/465535/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to