Running 12.04 RC on 32 bit system with Unity 3D.  From within
"Appearance Settings", I go to the dropdown combobox and select
"Pictures Folder".  I then click on  the "+" button to add wallpapers I
have stored elsewhere on my hard drive.  They show up, I can select them
and everything works fine.

If I close the dialog and go back into it, then they are not there...the
"Pictures Folder" list is empty.  This may have to do with the fact that
I long ago deleted the folder "Pictures" in my home directory.  In any
event, the current behavior is confusing at best.

** Affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Appearance settings pictures folder doesn't retain added wallpapers
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.