** Changed in: ayatana-design

  User accounts experience fragmented

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Fix Committed
Status in GNOME Control Center:
  New
Status in The Session Menu:
  Triaged
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “indicator-session” package in Ubuntu:

  Today we have a problem in how different user accounts are presented
  in Ubuntu. For a typical user they will need to configure the
  following accounts:

   * System (e.g. login accounts).
   * Email (e.g. Gmail IMAP in Thunderbird).
   * IM (e.g. MSN, Facebook etc in Empathy).
   * Broadcast (e.g. Twitter in Gwibber).

  Today we expose the following places to configure these accounts in
  the System Settings:

   * Online Accounts - a limited functionality means of configuring global
accounts for Evolution/Empathy (only Google supported).
   * Messaging and VoIP Accounts - Empathy IM and VoIP accounts.
   * User Accounts - system accounts (e.g. your login accounts).

  We don't expose Broadcast Accounts for Gwibber and Email Accounts for
  Thunderbird in System Settings; they are configured in the app.

  This bug has two issues:

   1. The current way in which we present the existing tools is confusing (e.g.
the Me Menu shows Online Accounts and User Accounts and neither is clear which
configures what). Also, Online Accounts presumes you can set up accounts such
as Twitter and Email, but it doesn't serve that purpose.
   2. From a design perspective, this functionality is scattered all over the
system - we should have a single integrated configuration tool, or
alternatively, a consistent in-app means of configuring these services.