** Changed in: ayatana-design

** Tags removed: udp
** Tags added: reviewedbydesignp

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Dash - When multiple results have equal string match relevancy
  ranking, those with equal ranking should be then sorted by frequency
  of use.

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity Applications Lens:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity-lens-applications” package in Ubuntu:

  When I frequently select a particular application in Unity's
  application search interface, I expect that application to appear at
  the top of subsequent matching searches. For example, suppose that I
  press the Super key and then type "trans" into the search box. On my
  system, the following three options appear, in order:

  1. Arista Transcoder
  2. Transmission BitTorrent Client (Qt)
  3. Handbrake

  I almost always select Transmission from this list, yet the search
  always returns Arista as the first result. I would expect that after a
  few times launching Transmission and not Arista, Unity would learn to
  present Transmission as the first choice, just like Gnome-Do, Kupfer,
  Quicksilver (Mac), the KDE Alt+F2 dialog, and others. This would seem
  to be a great use case for Zeitgeist.

  Desired Solution:

  Currently in the Dash relevancy ranking uses the quality of the string
  match, e.g. exact matches are ranked higher than partial matches,
  etc...  Currently when the relevancy is the same e.g. there are two
  exact string matches, the results are then ordered A-Z

  The change request is to change this second tier of ranking to be
  based on usage, e.g. when there are multiple exact matches, within the
  exact matches the results should be ordered based on frequency of use.