   Power Managment settings are being ignored

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  Won't honor "Do Nothing" when Lid is Closed

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  My laptop is plugged in, and as you can see (in the attached
  screenshot) I've selected to "Do Nothing" when the lid of my laptop is
  closed. However, each time I close the lid, it goes into "suspend"
  mode. I've even set it to "Do Nothing" for both "unplugged" and
  "plugged". No matter what I select, when I close the lid, it goes into
  suspend mode.

  Right now, I'm trying to watch a movie on my big screen tv (as a
  secondary monitor). I'd like to shut my laptops lid (powering its
  native monitor off), while the movie plays on the external TV monitor.
  However, I'm unable to do this because the gnome-power-manager won't
  honor the power settings as they are shown in the attached screenshot.

  Package: gnome-power-manager 3.4.0-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  Date: Sat Apr 28 23:47:20 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)