Thank you for your bug report, could you add your
/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log to the bug when getting the issue (copy the
log before restarting lightdm from the vt)
** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => High
** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/989440
Title:
Ubuntu 12.04 freezes after restart
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
Ubuntu 12.04 freezes after restart, sometimes just at the end of restart and
sometimes while booting up. I enabled text messages in GRUB boot-up, by
changing:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
in /etc/default/grub to:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="text"
[N.B: will this option make me to bottup into commandline?]
and then updating grub menu using sudo update-grub
I did it so as to see if any error or warning is shown, but nothing of
that sortwas seen. Just plain freeze-up, with no error/warning shown
whatsoever. It happens all too often, that it has become annoying.
I'm not sure if this is a lightdm issue. But I feel so, since now most of the
time, bootup puts me in commandline interface, where I enter
sudo service lightdm restart
Is there any specific log file that I can see to understand what exactly is
the problem causing this?
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/989440/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp