Just an addition to my reports so far:

Christopher indicated a potential error with respect to the German
translation. I assume he pointed to the help text translations, which
would not be the crucial point though: From his comment I would expect
the "RADIANS" to be a correct invocation of an existing function, which
at least in the German version of LO it is not. Instead the "RAD" is,
which I found out only by experimental computer science. :-)

So, for my part, I doubt, whether:

# The correct function should indeed be RAD, and the help documentation adapted
accordingly, or
# the correct function should be RADIANS. in that case the LO code would have
to be adapted in the German version.

Not being a M$ Office Suite literate I would prefer, in any case, the
best possible functional compatibility with Excel - whatever direction
of change that means.

  wrong help text

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  calculating trigonometric functions for *degrees* requires the
  addition of the operator RAD.

  The libreoffice help system displays respective examples for SIN, COS
  etc. as

  Examples
  =COS(RADIANS(60)) returns 0.5, the cosine of 60 degrees.

  which will result in an error. The correct version would be:
  =COS(RAD(60))

  Since these kind of examples are given for several functions they are
strongly misleading!
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Beta i386 (20120405)
  Package: libreoffice 1:3.5.2-2ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Tags:  precise
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
  UserGroups: adm audio cdrom dip fuse lpadmin netdev plugdev sambashare sudo
video