closing as invalid (expired) because of missing reply

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  Crazy behavior when working with a rotated text box

Status in The OpenOffice.org Suite:
  Fix Released
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org

  I'd like to have some text displayed in a box at the bottom of a
  slide, with the text running vertically from bottom to top, but every
  time I try and resize the rotated text box with the mouse, it expands
  to fill the entire screen and is impossible either to resize or even
  edit the text in the box.

  To reproduce: create a text box, enter two lines of text and then
  right-click on the box and select "Position and Size", select the
  "Rotation" tab and rotate by 90 degrees.

  Click on the new text box (so that the turquoise resizing handles
  appear) and then move the mouse over one so that the double-headed
  arrow appears. Left-click and drag the mouse, and the text box extends
  into infinity in the opposite direction to the one that the mouse is
  dragged in.

  Even just trying to highlight the text in the box causes the box to
  disappear from where it was and appear (several hundred times bigger
  and rotated back 90 degrees) to the left of the presentation, but it
  is impossible to see or edit the text when the box is in this
  position.

  I thought the solution might be to use a "Vertical Text Box" from the
  drawing toolbar, but the vertical text-box button won't display in the
  drawing toolbar. Other buttons work fine and there is no error message
  displayed as to why the vertical text one will not display.

  Additional Information:

  jmht@laptop:/var/log$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        8.04
  jmht@laptop:/var/log$ apt-cache policy openoffice.org-impress