Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  No text in settings or options menus

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  When I open any of the settings or options windows, there's no text in
  the options menus. This affects ALL settings dialogs. I can't change
  anything or work with any documents because of this.

  To fix, I purged all LO files, then reinstalled from Software Center.
  I thought the issue might be related to the installation of LO in the
  /opt/ directory before the upgrade... that that installation might be
  conflicting with the new one. Nothing fixed.

  2 screenshots attached.

  Anyone else having this major issue?

  System: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
  LO version, from apt-cache:
  libreoffice:
    Installed: 1:3.5.2-2ubuntu3
    Candidate: 1:3.5.2-2ubuntu3
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.5.2-2ubuntu3 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-proposed/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:3.5.2-2ubuntu1 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages

  Package: libreoffice 1:3.5.2-2ubuntu3
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Apr 30 09:52:21 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - i386 (GNOME Shell Remix)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-27 (2 days ago)