This was fixed long ago in:

revno: 1903
committer: Martin Pitt <martin.p...@canonical.com>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Mon 2011-06-20 10:12:33 +0200
message:
  When showing the size of the full report, take the compressed size of binary
values instead of their uncompressed size, as the crash db upload will use the
compressed values.

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  apport-gtk: "Full upload" shows uncompressed size

Status in “apport” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: apport

  After the crash on bug #731896 Apport offered me the choice to upload
  the *full* crash report (~130MB).  Being on a 1000 Mb connection I
  thought I'd give it a shot and was amazed how quick it was.  There's a
  possibility that it was actually 25 times faster than that due to
  compression!

  The CoreDump is indeed 129MB in size, but when compressed goes down to
  3.4MB, which is what was actually stored in Launchpad (and which I
  presume was actually uploaded).

  Showing the (much, much smaller) compressed sizes to the user might
  encourage more users/developers to upload full CoreDumps via Apport.