Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  lightdm doesn't provide visual feedback for accepted password

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  Since I installed ubuntu precise I noticed that when you enter a valid
password for your user account, lightdm simply freezes until the desktop
session is fully loaded.
  This, at first, made me think that my computer crashed while loading the
session...

  This behaviour is very similar to that when the password is incorrect,
  but the "wrong password" message takes less time to appear than the
  desktop.

  If I'm not confusing things, I'm pretty sure that in early versions
  the dots that override password characters disappeared when you typed
  in the correct password, and stayed there when the password was wrong.
  This was a simple but effective visual feedback...

  Now, we (or at least I) keep asking ourselves whether we entered the
  correct password or not until something tells us which one happened,
  after several seconds.

  Package: lightdm 1.2.1-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  CheckboxSubmission: 94567cf45f6abbca45b2880b36a7237e
  CheckboxSystem: 9c26adf6eed2f681ba41f94dd24c07e4