keyopen, thank you for reporting this and helping make Ubuntu better.
Could you please attach an example database that demonstrates this
problem?

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  LibreOffice Base: bug using the SQL command "LIKE"

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  In Base I written a short SQL query in my DB using the "LIKE" command.
  The query is

  SELECT "Titolo" AS "Titolo" FROM "Video2" WHERE "Titolo" LIKE 'star'

  where "Video2" is a table and "Titolo" is a field of "Video2".
  The resul of this query is an empty result.
  If I write the next query:

  SELECT "Titolo" AS "Titolo" FROM "Video2" WHERE "Titolo" NOT LIKE
  'star'

  the result is the entire list of "Titolo" field of the table "Video2".

  I think the bug is that the LIKE command always give False as result.

  Package: libreoffice-core 1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Tue Jul 12 23:46:24 2011
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=it:en
   LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash