Public bug reported:

Using transmission, when I have a very high download (around 1.8Mbit/s),
the NetworkManager process consumes up to 50% of my CPU (with my dual
core CPU). Because I have trouble with the bug #751689 , my computer
reboots after 10 minutes of using transmission with such speed.

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  High CPU usage of network-manager when high bandwidth usage

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu: