apport information

** Tags added: apport-collected

** Description changed:

  Last night I installed Ubuntu 12.04 64bit onto my cousin's HP quad-core
  computer and HP 1080P monitor (I will post more hardware details
  tonight).

  The installation went fine, and everything worked from the live CD using
  the "Try Ubuntu" option.

  However, after installation, the login-form (on the login screen) was
  completely left-of the left-most pixel in the monitor, and (therefore)
  not visable to the user.

  LightDM seems to be displaying that purple-studded-login-screen so
  largely, that it won't fit on the monitor, and (to make matters worse)
  the login screen is anchored top-right, so the login text-box (float-
  left) is about 5 inches to the left of where the monitors left-most
  pixels begins!

  To discover this, I turned on the screen-speaking feature (from the top-
  right panel), and then I click the screen with the mouse. It told me
  (speaking out-loud) what I *SHOULD BE* seeing. So, I typed in the
  password *without being able to actually see the form*. It was kind of
  funny; for each password-letter I typed it spoke "asterisk" (asterisk
  asterisk asterisk . . .)!!! Anyway, I got logged in, and as a temporary
  work-around, I made his user account login automatically:

  System Settings > User Accounts > Automatic Login > ON

- I've experienced resolution problems with login-screens in the past, but
- previous version's login-screens were anchored top-left (not top-right),
- and the form was intended to be "center" (not float-left), so such
- issues were less severe because the form would have been just "off-
- center" (instead of not-visible).
+ I've experienced resolution problems with login-screens in the past, but
previous version's login-screens were anchored top-left (not top-right), and
the form was intended to be "center" (not float-left), so such issues were less
severe because the form would have been just "off-center" (instead of
not-visible).
+ ---
+ ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
+ Architecture: amd64
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
+ InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
+ NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
+ Package: lightdm 1.2.1-0ubuntu1
+ PackageArchitecture: amd64
+ ProcEnviron:
+  TERM=xterm
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic 3.2.14
+ Tags:  precise
+ Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64
+ UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
+ UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo

** Attachment added: "Dependencies.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/993420/+attachment/3148523/+files/Dependencies.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Login Form is Left of Visablity on the Login Screen

Status in Unity Greeter:
  New
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

[...]

  ---
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: lightdm 1.2.1-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
  Tags:  precise
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo