I experience the same bug on a fresh 12.04 i386 install. My music
collection consists of MP3 and OGG Files. As described the bug manifests
itself, wenn an MP3-file is followed by an OGG file.

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  playback pauses after two songs, even with repeat enabled

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  If I set playback with repeat on, playback still pauses after two
  songs for me in rhythmbox. It pauses at the start of a song, but the
  controls show it's still playing (i.e. the "pause" button is there for
  me to pause the song, rather than the "play" button). If I click the
  slider anywhere in the timeline of the song, playback continues. If I
  leave things playback will resume after some time (maybe five minutes
  or so), but will be stutter-y and jump ahead in songs.

  Package: rhythmbox 2.95.5-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-18.29-generic-pae 3.2.9
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-18-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 1.94.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386
  CheckboxSubmission: e9bd5d0c11367f73e7718b1ea675f7ba
  CheckboxSystem: bb422ca46d02494cdbc459927a98bc2f