Thanks for your bug report and helping to make Ubuntu better. This issue
is in telepathy-haze since it's a connection problem with AOL/AIM.

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: telepathy-haze (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  keeps asking me for password and failing authentication

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “telepathy-haze” package in Ubuntu:

  i have been trying to set up aol but failing miserable, have
  downloaded empathy and installed my login detail, all are correct but
  i keeps failing my password which is correct. unable to get aol up and
  running on ubuntu

  trying to add aol chat but programme wont run thinking this may be a
  no go area. can you help

  jayne

  Package: empathy 3.2.0.1-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-16.29-generic-pae 3.0.20
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-16-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386