This is most likely a dupe of the launchpad htaccess generation bug
#982938.

   generate-ppa-htaccess takes several minutes to run

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Purchasing software took almost 5 minutes

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I was playing with the SC UI, and decided to purchase a game. I chose
  "Bobby", since I liked the description and it was $0 :-).

  I clicked on "Buy...", then I went through the purchase process. After
  the payment was completed, I was redirected again to the SC UI and I
  was presented with the "Installing" screen. There was a progress bar
  in the "activity" mode, and that progress bar remained in that state
  for a "long" time (see logs attached).

  After 4 minutes approx, the progress bar switched to non-active mode
  (ie it started show real progress), and the app was finally installed.

  Once the app was installed, there was no way for me to run it: it
  wasn't showing in the dash, nor in the launcher, nor I couldn't find
  it in the terminal by typing:

  $ bo<tab>

  After a "dpkg -L bobby", I found that bobby was located under
  /opt/bobby, so I ran:

  nessita@dali:~$ /opt/bobby/Bobby
  /opt/bobby/Bobby: error while loading shared libraries: libbass.so: cannot

  And since that failed, I had to run:

  nessita@dali:~$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/bobby/ /opt/bobby/Bobby

  and with that last command I could finally play the game.