I have also assigned this bug to software-center. I am currently not in
the position to test myself, but will do so when I have the time to
start up on my test system.

** Summary changed:

- package cacti 0.8.7i-2ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed 
post-installation script returned error exit status 1
+ Software center does not ask dbconfig question for mysql administrator 
password preventing cacti from installing properly

** Also affects: software-center (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided
       Status: New

** Changed in: cacti (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1005952

Title:
  Software center does not ask dbconfig question for mysql administrator
  password preventing cacti from installing properly

Status in “cacti” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I don't really know what happens. When configuring cacti for my
  database management (MySQL) and webserver (Apache), two dialog boxes
  show up and give options to abort, retry, and ignore. I choose abort
  on all of them, then the error dialog box shows up. I'm running Ubuntu
  12.04.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: cacti 0.8.7i-2ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.39-generic-pae 3.2.16
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  AptOrdering:
   php5-ldap: Install
   cacti: Configure
   php5-ldap: Configure
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Tue May 29 22:45:32 2012
  ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error 
exit status 1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386 
(20120423)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: cacti
  Title: package cacti 0.8.7i-2ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess 
installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cacti/+bug/1005952/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to