** Branch linked: lp:~mvo/software-center/polkit-lp785117

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  [MASTER] silently fails to install software after PolicyKit error

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  Whenever the policykit authentication agent isn't running (ie failsafe
  sessions, custom sessions etc), then the install/remove buttons
  briefly become insensitive, after which the transaction fails and the
  buttons become sensitive again.

  ---

  If I try to install software with Software Center, nothing happens
  aside from dumping some errors to the shell I ran it from.  The
  install button greys out for a moment then goes back to its original
  state.  This is on Ubuntu 11.04 with software-center 4.0.1 and
  policykit-1-gnome 0.99-1ubuntu4.

  I suspect this probably has something to do with me not running gnome,
  kde, xfce, or any other desktop environment.  I have a window manager
  (sawfish) and that's about it.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Run software-center from a terminal of some sort.
  2. Select a package.
  3. Click "Install".

  Actual results:
  Errors dumped to parent shell, and then the Install button goes back to a
normal, clickable state.

  Expected results:
  User is asked for sudo password, then software is installed.
  If anything goes wrong, Software Center should notify the user through its
GUI in case they aren't running it from a shell.  (dumping errors to the shell
is also okay, but shouldn't be the sole error-reporting mechanism)

  Additional information: attached below