Yes, that is the very dialog. And if I click on the "+" button then I'll really
get a choice of hundreds of layouts, but without extra layouts I need! E.g.:
$ grep name\>ru\< -A20 /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.extras.xml | grep -B2
description
        <name>ru</name>
        <shortDescription>ru</shortDescription>
        <description>Russian</description>
--
          <configItem>
            <name>chu</name>

As you can see there are no "Church Slavonic" and "Russian (with
Ukrainian-Belorussian layout)" layouts in Keyboard Layout dialog,
because they are placed in the "extra" section and the system doesn't
read "extra" rules by default, moreover it hasn't an option to enable
this feature.

  Option to enable extra keyboard layout is lost

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  There no any way to make extra keyboard layout to be accessible/visible in
keyboard layout choice dialog. So it is impossible to use Unity keyboard
configuration tool to set an extra keyboard layout (such as Iran: Avestan;
Lithuania: Dvorak; USA: International (AltGr Unicode combining|alternative),
Atsina, Couer D'alene Salish; Romania: Ergonomic Touchtype; Serbia: Combining
accents instead of dead keys; Russia: Church Slavonic, RUU; etc.).
  KDE4 loads these layouts without any user actions.
  GNOME2 makes these layouts visible in keyboard setting dialog through
enabling "load-extra-items" option.
  But Unity can't do this in any way. (furthermore, as ~/.Xkbmap settings
ignoring or overriding by DE, it is impossible to set extra keyboard layout at
all without making startup script)