** Also affects: deja-dup

** No longer affects: deja-dup

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Full system backup hangs at 100% and makes the whole system very
  unresponsive - BackendException: Got status code 400

Status in Duplicity - Bandwidth Efficient Encrypted Backup:
  Confirmed
Status in “deja-dup” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “duplicity” package in Ubuntu:

  I haven't been able to make full system backups since upgrading to
  Precise. The incremental backups have worked but but the full backups
  hang at 100% and makes the whole system very unresponsive. Even moving
  the mouse doesn't move the pointer on the screen. The only way to
  continue is to wait for ages, the pointer move very little and finally
  the system becomes responsive for a while before it hangs again. Then
  I could wait again or just use REISUB to reboot.

  I first thought that Deja-dup would be uploading a very big file to U1
  service but the last file in the upload file list is about 400kb in
  size so it isn't an upload issue. I have configured Deja-dup to backup
  my home folder to U1 weekly with at least 2 months for storing old
  backups. My U1 storage is currently at 85%.

  Traceback (from deja-dup_full2.log):
  DUPLICITY: WARNING 1
  DUPLICITY: . Attempt 1 failed: BackendException: Got status code 400

  DUPLICITY: DEBUG 1
  DUPLICITY: . Backtrace of previous error: Traceback (innermost last):
  DUPLICITY: .   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backend.py",
line 311, in iterate
  DUPLICITY: .     return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  DUPLICITY: .   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/u1backend.py", line 188,
in put
  DUPLICITY: .     self.handle_error(raise_errors, 'put', answer,
source_path.name, remote_full)
  DUPLICITY: .   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/u1backend.py", line 154,
in handle_error
  DUPLICITY: .     raise BackendException(msg)
  DUPLICITY: .  BackendException: Got status code 400

  Package: deja-dup 22.0-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-21-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386