Ok, I'll try to clarify.

I have Empathy running on startup.

Each time it started my MSN account status would be: "Offline - Status set to
Offline".
I would then disable it and then re-enable on the Account status window ( F4)
and the it would be set to "Available" and my MSN contacts would be displayed.

Now I am showing a different issue (same equipment):

Empathy main window claims my accounts are all disabled. When I check
the Account status (F4) it clearly shows MSN trying to connect and it
succeeds. However the main window stil claims my accounts are disabled.
If I quit Empathy and relaunch my MSN contacts are instantly displayed.

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  MSN Account Offline Error

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  I have two PCs with the Empathy configured to my MSN Chat account.
  When I start Empathy, launching automatically at login, my MSN account almost
always claims that is Offline.

  If I disable the account and re-enable it it starts working properly.

  Package: empathy 3.4.2-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-25.40-generic-pae 3.2.18
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-25-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Jun 18 10:24:11 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: empathy
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-03-21 (88 days ago)