Yes, I asked there and the packages in proposed repo was suggested, but I was
already using those packages.
The issue still remains.

Packages, which is subscribed to xchat-gnome in Ubuntu.

  Doesn't return to maximized size when restarted

Status in GNOME frontend to the popular xchat IRC client:
  New
Status in “xchat-gnome” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “xchat-gnome” source package in Precise:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  XChat remembers the window size and restores is when restarting.
  However if it was maximized before quitting it restarts at almost full
  size (see attached screenshot).

  [Impact]
  When restarting xchat-gnome the background can be seen at the bottom of the
window.  The user needs to maximize the application each time they start it (if
they always use it maximized).

  [Test Case]
  1. Start xchat-gnome
  2. Maximize window
  3. Close xchat-gnome
  4. Start xchat-gnome
  Expected result:
  Window is maximized
  Observed result:
  Window takes up most of the screen but the doesn't extend to the bottom of
the screen

  [Regression Potential]
  Minimally invasive patch, normal risk of causing additional bugs.