** Summary changed:

- Network / Internet does not get connected automatically
+ After I switch on modem, NM does not enable networking  automatically

  After I switch on modem, NM does not enable networking  automatically

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi I use 10.04 beta. In 9.10 when ever I switch on my modem the
  software detects it and I get connected to internet. In 10.04 I have
  to goto the networking icon, right click on it and select enable
  networking for it to connect. Its very inconvenient.

  Package: firefox 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-17.26-generic 2.6.32.10+drm33.1
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-17-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Mar 31 06:53:17 2010
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
   firefox-gnome-support 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
   firefox-branding 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
   abroswer N/A
   abrowser-branding N/A
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_IN
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox