** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  network-manager doesn't handle interfaces that are declared in
  /etc/network/interfaces

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  My system is kubuntu lucid  LTS 10.04 32 bit (fresh install)
  I want a static ip address at boot time for all user on my machine, and i
have configured /etc/network/interfaces file:

  auto lo
  iface lo inet loopback

  auto eth0
  iface eth0 inet static
          address         192.168.1.9
          netmask         255.255.255.0
          network         192.168.10.0
          gateway         192.168.1.1

  Than I have set  "managed=true" in nm-system-settings.conf

  Well at the boot time network not working and  ip address is not
  assigned, also after user login (knetworkmanager show me "not connect"
  message).

  If I uninstall networkmager my network working fine.