I'm experiencing this bug too.

The deciding factor as to which windows move and which don't, when I
mouse-over the launchers on gnome-panel, appears to be whether that
window has at any point in the past had an overlap outside of the screen
struts, ie it has been anywhere that a newly created or maximised window
could not be.

So if I drag a window halfway off the bottom of the screen, or a few
pixels underneath a panel, even if I drag it back, it will then move
around randomly whenever I mouse-over the launchers on gnome-panel.

It's kinda weird.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  gnome-terminal resizes to max height when mousing over gnome panel

Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu:

  What happens:
  Observe in the attached images, states A and B. A is when I've resized the
window to how I want it, and am using it. B is when I move the mouse over the
gnome panel tray, and the application resizes without me telling it to.

  What I expect to happen:
  Why would the window resize? I didn't ask it to.

  Ubuntu version:
  This was noticed in Precise 12.04, amd64, on several installations.

  Package versions:
  gnome-terminal 3.4.1.1-0ubuntu1
  gnome-panel 1:3.4.1-0ubuntu1

  Other info: