** Changed in: unity/5.0

    Milestone: 5.14.0 => None

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Searching in the HUD freezes unity

Status in Unity:
  Fix Committed
Status in unity 5.0 series:
  Invalid
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Since unity revision 2374 [1] the HUD can hang when just searching for a
small string.
  In my setup (where I've indicators with big menu items, like the ones that
feedindicator provides), I get it basically doing this:

  <prerequisite>
   - Install feedindicator http://go.3v1n0.net/MqDhar
   - Add http://planet.ubuntu.com rss feed to it
  </prerequisite>

  1) Open the HUD
  2) Write "f"

  This is enough to make my HUD and unity to hang.

  As you can see on the attached stacktrace, basically the interface is looping
calling ComputeContentSize.
  For your information, The loop doesn't happen if removing the SetBaseSize
call on StaticCairoText::PreLayoutManagement() (it's not a fix, of course).

  [1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity/trunk/revision/2374