I did some work on updating to 3.5.4.

  lp:~laney/gnome-settings-daemon/3.5.4

Some outstanding issues

  - 61_unity_use_application_indicator.patch is large and doesn't apply, so
disabled
  - Lid close doesn't suspend
  - Compose key stopped working, which is possibly a larger problem with
layouts. May be fixed by upgrading g-c-c too (didn't do that).

Some patches misapplied when quilt refreshed. I caught everything I saw
but there is still a chance of leftovers.

** Summary changed:

- Update to 3.5.3
+ Update to 3.5.4

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Update to 3.5.4

Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  Update to 3.5.2, work in progress