** Summary changed:

- multi-monitor setup breaks window/workspace alignment
+ Adding/Removing an external monitor causes open windows to move to another
workspace

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 804036
   Adding/Removing an external monitor causes open windows to move to another
workspace

** Project changed: unity => compiz

** Changed in: compiz

** Changed in: compiz

** Changed in: compiz
    Milestone: None => 0.9.8.0

** No longer affects: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Adding/Removing an external monitor causes open windows to move to
  another workspace

Status in Compiz:
  Confirmed
Status in “compiz” package in Ubuntu:

  well, i plug in my external screen.

  expected behaviour would be, if all of my windows would stay in the
  workspaces i aligned them to, and if they'd be on the same screen i
  had them in the first place.

  unfortunatly in unity, if i plug-in (or plug-off) my external screen
  the windows are all around, but not where i'd expect them to be
  (namely in the same place they were before). so i always have to
  toggle expo-mode and re-align all of my windows.