Hi.
I am not sure...
 I connected directly "to a hidden" (my) wifi network, but still don't see any
others. Also after login I dont have the option in the indicator to connect to
a VPN network. I have to disable wireless and activate again to get more
options in the indicator. It is weird and I am not really sure what to make out
of it.

  Network manager shows only 1 wireless network

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  I am using Lucid 64bit on an "Acer Aspire Z5610".
  The network manager does not give me a list of wireless networks but just 1
from my neigbours. There is no drop-list to select a different. When i try to
connect to it via "hidden network" it asks for my network-key but the wifi icon
is still blinking like it is connecting. I never get it activated. It worked
some days ago and before and all the way through Lucid beta and RCs. I am not
sure if it broke with the release.
  A cable connection is also not working.

  My Windows 7 partition on the same machine connects without problems
  wireless and wired.