** Summary changed:

- NM | Edit Connections | Wired | Edit | IPv4 Settings | Method | "Shared to
other computers" does not work
+ NM | Edit Connections | Wired | Edit | IPv4 Settings | Method | "Shared to
other computers" -> repeatedly connects and disconnects

  NM | Edit Connections | Wired | Edit | IPv4 Settings | Method |
  "Shared to other computers" -> repeatedly connects and disconnects

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I have been using my laptop to share a wireless network with my
  desktop using a wired connection eth0. This has worked well in Natty,
  but in Oneiric, this no longer works properly. I'll provide the steps
  I followed:

  1) clean install of Oneiric 64bit from October 2nd. (I've used several others
too with the same results)
  2) set up wireless. No problems.
  3) select the wired interface in nm-connection-editor, edit and Method:
shared with other computers in the IPv4 page.

  What happens is that the network is configured and works, but only for
  a few seconds. Then the network goes into a loop of
  connect/disconnect. I can use the shared connection on the desktop to
  a certain degree, but it becomes extremely slow and things like IRC
  cannot be used since the connection is dropped every two seconds or
  so.

  If I boot a Natty live session, this works perfectly using the exact
  same settings. I will attach my syslog.