Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Regular hangs in firefox

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  On my Acer T630 with Ubuntu 10.10 when I write a text in firefox (just
  as this one) every about 10 Seconds the system seems to hang. There is
  no cursor and the text I have been writing does not appear right away
  but only about 5 Seconds later. This happens also with clicks on links
  etc. Every 10 or maybe 15 Seconds there is this short period of no
  activity and one thinks the system has crashed but about 5 Seconds
  later all the text appears or the clicked on link will open etc. What
  could this be? I have other computerts with Ubuntu 10.10 (Compaq
  Deskpro) and they run fine. Only on my Acer the problem arises. Thanks
  for help in advance. Markus