Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  can't create playlist on iPod in Rhythmbox 2.96 on Precise 12.04 beta
  2

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Connect iPod Photo via USB
  2. Click on the iPod Photo in the Devices list in Nautilus, in order to mount
it (not sure why it is not mounted automatically).
  3. Open Rhythmbox.
  4. Right-click on iPod Photo in the Rhythmbox side pane under Devices and
choose "New Playlist."
  5. Drag songs from iPod Photo into new playlist.

  At this point a playlist appears to be there.  If I choose "sync with
  library" then the playlist disappears from the Rhythmbox side pane.
  If, instead, I eject the iPod (and unmount it in Nautilus as well,
  since ejecting from Rhythmbox didn't make it unmount for me), then
  disconnect, I can see the new playlist on the iPod but it is
  completely empty.

  Expected behavior:
  I create the playlist in Rhythmbox and it is immediately created on the iPod,
and can be found on the iPod after the iPod has been disconnected.

  Package: rhythmbox 2.96-0ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64