I'm fairly sure this isn't a duplicate of bug 911706. Bug 911706 is not
about computers that aren't connected to the Internet; it is about
computers that are connected to the Internet without using Network
Manager.

Judging from the linked tutorial, the fix for this bug is to enable the
"Install" command not just if there's an Internet connection, but also
if there isn't an Internet connection but the selected package is from a
file:/// repository.

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 911706
   USC relies on NM to be online, can't force online if not using NM

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Software Center does not installing packages from Local
  repository

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu software center is not able to install packages from local repository
as this question in AskUbuntu.com suggests:
  Link http://askubuntu.com/q/137426/61218

  I have a Local repository, created to avoid re-downloading of
  packages. It is a trusted repository, so no "Authentication errors"
  are there. I've tested it with synaptic and apt-get.

  But I don't want to install synaptic every time, I install Ubuntu
  (since synaptic is removed from default Live CD since Oneiric).

  The problem is : "Ubuntu Software Center" does not install packages
  from local repository. The install button is greyed out. It installs
  packages only when I connect to the Internet and for some unknown
  reason it re-downloads the packages which are also in my Local
  repository.

  My question is: How can I use Software-Center to install packages from
  local repository ?

  Note: I have placed my local apt line to the top of the sources.list
  file and installing from `apt-get` do not require re-downloading for
  the same packages.

  Here is the output of command from apt-get :

  anwar@Ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install nautilus-wipe --print-uris
  [sudo] password for anwar:
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
    nautilus-wipe
  0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 131 not upgraded.
  Need to get 0 B/30.7 kB of archives.
  After this operation, 150 kB of additional disk space will be used.

'file:/media/Main/Linux-Software/Ubuntu/Precise/./precise-debs/nautilus-wipe_0.1.1-2_i386.deb'
 nautilus-wipe_0.1.1-2_i386.deb 30730 MD5Sum:7d497b8dfcefe1c0b51a45f3b0466994

  It is okay with the local copy.

  Ubuntu Software Center is not happy with the local copy, below is the output
  ![enter image description here][1]

  The install button is grayed out. Why?

    [1]: http://i.stack.imgur.com/nNlYj.png