Bug affects me pretty often when using a dual monitor setup to edit
text.

kris@knix1 ~/Desktop $ cat /etc/*-release
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=julia
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 10 Julia"

I think it's related to something being mounted within a different
context. For example, if I switch to my secondary monitor and start
using nautilus with an SFTP mount it will auto-mount that. When I try to
use it again later it will give me the XRANDR missing problems. Doesn't
seem to happen if I stay diligent about making mounts on the correct
Xorg context.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/157319

Title:
  Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0" while using -nvidia
  with Xinerama turned on

Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  Fix Released
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xorg

  Interesting problem.

  Whenever I start up X, it loads RandR, so far as I can tell (The xorg
  log shows that it is indeed loaded), but If I ever try to do anything
  via xrandr, it tells me that the extension is missing on my display.

  m3r1k@reborn-desktop:~$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log |grep RandR
  (==) RandR enabled
  (==) RandR enabled

  m3r1k@reborn-desktop:~$ xrandr -q
  Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
  RandR extension missing

  I'm not sure what to do.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/157319/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to