** Package changed: network-manager (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

  [eeepc 1005ha] wifi "device not ready" in nm-applet

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  I have an issue with nm-applet on my ASUS EeePC 1005HA (Royal Blue).

  Started in Karmic Koala, on system boot no wifi networks would be
  available under nm-applet, and under "Wireless Networks" it would say
  "device not ready". Restarting Ubuntu, restarting the wifi radio using
  the hardware keys, or restarting the wifi radio by using the EeePC
  Tray would sometimes work.

  Now in Lucid this problem is no longer sporadic but present upon every
  system boot.

  To get it to work now, I have to boot to windows XP, turn the wifi
  radio on and off using the keyboard shortcut, then connect to the wifi
  network, then restart into ubuntu and turn the wifi on and off with
  the keyboard shortcut, and then sometimes it works. If that doesn't
  work, I try to turn the wifi on and off again using keyboard shortcut,
  the eeepc tray, and restart /etc/init.d/networking. Sometimes this
  works.

  I have tried installing wicd and madwifi-ng but this hasn't affected
  the problem.

  Related Ubuntu Forums post:
  http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9382970#post9382970

  $ lsb_release -rd