Confirmed in a guest login in both unity-2d (metacity) and unity-3d
(presumably compiz).

After setting Ctrl+Alt+0 manually under System Settings -> Keyboard, it
works ok.  I don't think it's an "O" either - I tried that as well.

(Though - it might be an idea to use a different font for the keyboard
shortcuts, that distinguishes between O and 0 by something other than
width.  Generic monospace might be an easy option).

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  Ctrl+Alt+0 does not work as advertised

Status in “metacity” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using unity-2d.  Press alt+space, and I see a window menu.  On the
  right hand side of the menu, it shows keyboard shortcuts - e.g. next
  to close, it shows Alt+F4.

  Next to "minimize", it shows "Ctrl+Alt+0".

  All the other keyboard shortcuts seem to work ok.  (Once you know that
  "Super" means "the windows key").  But pressing Ctrl+Alt+0 doesn't
  seem to work.

  Package: metacity 1:2.34.1-1ubuntu11
  Date: Tue Jul 17 22:22:12 2012
  ProcEnviron: