It may be more related to gedit then to the plugin: I notice that gedit
does not clean up temporary files (starting with ~ ) properly after
closing.

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit-plugins in Ubuntu.

  Error saving bibtex files

Status in “gedit-plugins” package in Ubuntu:

  Gedit gives the error below everytime I try to save a .bib-file. The
  saving seem to work fine, apart from the error popping up. Is the
  plugin even supposed to do anything while saving .bib-files?

    'bibtex-error'

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/latex/util.py", line 116, in decorated_function
    return function(*args, **kw)
    File "/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/latex/bibtex/editor.py", line 141, in __parse
    self.remove_markers("bibtex-error")
    File "/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/latex/editor.py", line 493, in remove_markers
    type_record = self._marker_types[marker_type]
    KeyError: 'bibtex-error'

  I'm using Xubuntu 12.04 LTS with the 3.4.0 version of the plugin. I
  don't think it's related, but it may be worthwhile mentioning that I'm
  also experiencing this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source
  /gedit-plugins/+bug/957924.