Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  Tethering now failing, possible kernel regression in 3.2.0-26-generic

Status in “network-manager-applet” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello, I've experienced what appears to be a kernel regression in
  12.04 x64 Desktop [1]. Tethering my Android phone (Nexus S) via USB
  works fine in 3.2.0-25-generic (and all prior kernels for the past
  year), but not in 3.2.0-26-generic.

  In 3.2.0-26-generic, I can plug in my phone, turn on tethering in the
  phone system menu, and the Tethering icon appears in the phone menu
  bar (the phone thinks it is successfully tethered).

  But Ubuntu's network icon just spins indefinitely without ever
  completing the connection, and internet access is not available.

  Rebooting and reverting from 3.2.0-26-generic to 3.2.0-25-generic in
  GRUB solves the problem.

  Not sure if 'network-manager-applet' is the right package to report -
  the network indicator applet just spins but the bug may be elsewhere.

  Hardware: HP dm1-4050us laptop.

  Package: network-manager-gnome 0.9.4.1-0ubuntu2