** Changed in: nautilus

  Open scripts folder confuses Nautilus if hidden fIles aren't shown

Status in Nautilus:
  Expired
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  To reproduce this bug do the following.

  1. Start Nautilus
  2. Hide hidden files
  3. Navigate to a directory with files in it.
  4. RIght click on a file and select "scripts->open scripts folder"

  You will notice that the left hand tree pane still has your directory
  selected, but the right side shows the contents of ~/.gnome2/nautilus-
  scripts.  I would have expected it to navigate to the scripts
  directory on the left hand pane.  Note that if you have Nautilus set
  to show hidden files then expected behavior occurs...the "open scripts
  folder" menu item navigates you to the property directory.

  This current behavior is confusing, but it gets worse (especially for
  newbies).  If you then click on your already highlighted folder, it
  won't refresh the right side of nautilus, making it appear that the
  contents of that select directory are gone!  Scared the daylights out
  of me for a second...

  Perhaps Nautilus should tell warn users about this the first time they
  try it:  "In order to navigate to the scripts folder, it will be
  necessary to show hidden files, do you want to continue?"

  I have confirmed this in Ubuntu Gutsy and Hardy.