[Expired for network-manager (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  network-manager cannot connect to Ad-hoc WEP encrypted network

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: network-manager

  This bug is present for a long time. Its roots lie somewhere between
  network-manager and gnome-keyring.

  When I remove WEP NM connects just fine. When I activate WEP it waits
  for some time, than reports that network is connected, while in fact
  it isn't. It also asks a keyring password every time it connects. I
  have to get to the CLI and use iwconfig to force set WEP password and
  than everything works.

  Please fix it, this bug is already several years old.