[Expired for unity (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => Expired

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.
Matching subscriptions: dp-unity
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/789729

Title:
  Second "banshee" entry in Unity Launcher, first one goes crazy

Status in Unity:
  Expired
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I don't know if this intro is of any relevance but I just plugged in
  my phone and was asked as usual whether I'd like to start Banshee. I
  wanted and so its main window popped up. As I noticed some moments
  later, it must have been during this procedure that a second Banshee
  icon was created (as last entry) in the Launcher.

  Now, the second entry works as usually unlike the first one which
  changes its behavior almost every time I click on it. These are the
  different behaviors I could observe so far:

  #1 Clicking results in it blinking as if I Banshee was starting up. This 
simply stops some moments later without any further reaction.
  #2 Clicking results in the Banshee window popping up. Sometimes this happens 
in combination with #1.
  #3 Clicking results in the second entry button doing some "dancing" / 
vibrating and flashing like in case of notifications. Similarly, it is then 
highlighted by a blue arrow on the left side afterwards and the Ubuntu button's 
top left corner becomes blue (see screenshot).

  Other things to notice:
  - The volume button's popup menu in the menu panel shows that Banshee is 
running. When I click on "Banshee", it reacts as described under #3.
  - In the first button's right-click menu there's no "close" entry. In the 
second button's one the "Keep in Launcher" option is NOT checked as it should 
be.

  *UPDATE*: I just clicked on the second entry and a *3rd* entry was created. 
Hiding and opening the Launcher again made the second button disappear. Now, 
the 3rd one behaves like the 2nd one previously.
  *UPDATE2*: Can confirm the same bug for the calculator and GIMP now, so it 
seems to be of general nature. In these cases however, the first entry 
immediately disappeared. (I didn't even need to hide and open the Launcher 
again.)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/789729/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to