Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to libreoffice in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1026356

Title:
  Bad validation on Scales box on Axis (chart properties)

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  As suggested in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/577658 I am
  creating a new bug report for the issue.

  I've attached a sample document with a contrived example (changing the
  formatting should fix the issue in this case). To see the error:

  1. Double click on the graph
  2. Right click on the y-axis > Format Axis
  3. Select the Scale tab
  4. Uncheck Automatic for any of the values and try enter a number (You must 
change the value).
  5. You will see an error message stating that numbers are required.

  These are the steps I used to create the sample spreadsheet:

  1. Create new spreadsheet
  2. In column A write the numbers 1 to 5 on rows 1 to 5.
  3. In column B write the numbers 1 to 5 on rows 1 to 5.
  4. Select all the numbers > Format > Cells.
  5. In the Numbers tab select "Text" under the list of Categories.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click the chart button (with the numbers still selected)
  8. Select an XY scatter graph (I've tested with "points-only" and "points 
with lines")
  9. Click Finish. You now have a graph that gives the error message when 
trying to change the scale.

  Expected Behaviour:
  The widget should accept the new values as numbers regardless of the 
formatting of the chart data.

  While the examples I've provided for reproducing the error are
  contrived, I am seeing this issue in another document where changing
  the formatting of the graph data is not possible/is not a workaround.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:3.5.3-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-26.41-generic 3.2.19
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-26-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Jul 19 00:15:50 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Beta amd64 (20120328)
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1026356/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to