Hello, can a moderator remove the comment #7 please? last time i checked
this was a buglist and not a forum for troll.

I am Marlin's creator and actual maintainer, this project was created from the
ground up 2 years ago. I think i kinda know my repository and i can't remember
any significant commit made in the name of Elementary. So no, Elementary never
actually developed Marlin. Nevertheless Elementary has been a very supportive
community arround this project until i left them one year ago. Since then
nothing has really changed on Marlin's side, the project is still being
actively developed by the same people. It appears that things have changed
recently on Elementary side and they decided to fork the project and adopt
their HIG. Marlin never was destined to a particular OS/distribution, it's a
filemanager built for gtk environnement, it has a good Unity integration and
will have a good gnome integration (if possible).
The actual elementary developers at the origin of this fork were never actively
involved in Marlin's development. Most of them never actually committed a
single line of code for Marlin. It's a bit a shame than after all theses years
when finally elementary wake up about some serious filemanager coding it's to
generate a fork. But i guess we don't loose anything 0 - 0 = 0.

It's not the first time elementary fork a project, they have already forked
Beatbox into Noise now Marlin into Pantheon-files, adding a new fork to an
already long list while core developers move away. It's not the first time a
project is forked either so there's no need to add some drama. This how life
goes for open-sources projects. Anybody can judge what a fork bring on the
table and everybody got differents needs. In some ways Marlin is a fork of
Nautilus, Thunar and nautilus-elementary (and even got some Dolphin's
inspirations) :)
All of thoses are magnificient projects and a great source of inspiration.

I'd be happy to talk about Marlin's development and internals but it
wouldn't be appropriated to do it on the Nautilus buglist. You know
where to find me if you want to know more or if you have questions.

  no About menu item

Status in Nautilus:
  Fix Released
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  In Quantal, there is no About item in the Nautilus menu, so it's hard
  to tell what version of Nautilus I'm running.

  In upstream Nautilus from GNOME there is an About menu item, which
  appears in the app menu.  Ubuntu does not display this menu, so I have
  no way to get to this command.