Here, it is after browsing an AFP share on a Mac using Nautilus on
Ubuntu.

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  gvfsd-afp consumes 100% of processor cycles

Status in “gvfs” package in Ubuntu:

  Happens on an irregular basis on 12.04 and I think I've experienced it
  on 11.10.

  For no reason gvfsd-afp starts up. Cooling fan kicks in, system
  becomes laggy. Easily cured using system monitor and killing the
  process. Someone on the Ubuntu Forum asked if I have a Mac on the
  network and the answer is yes, an iMac and there are shares on that
  machine I can access.

  Have experienced this issue on my Acer Aspire 5742 and Compaq Mini 110