Public bug reported:

When I first opened the sudoku puzzle thing it opened fine but the
choices for the difficulty of game that I was presented with were close
to unreadable because of the color, they were showing up as white on a
grey back ground, when I switched between windows the text would change
to black for a moment before changing back to white.

1) 12.10
2)  Installed: 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1:3.5.5-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
     1:3.5.5-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/main i386 Packages
 *** 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
3) Text to be readable in gnome-sudoku (ie black on grey as apposed to white on
grey)
4) Text was not readable

Package: gnome-sudoku 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1
Uname: Linux 3.5.0-6-generic i686