I'm very agree with Steve. If I have 'mypassword' as password for the keyring
and user from a fresh install, why must I have to enter my same password 2
times in each login (for the login & keyring)?
If the password is the same, the keyring must be unlocked in automatic mode. In
other way, you can search in Google and all users will unencrypted the keyring
for skip this really stupid behavior.
Best regards.
PD: I think this bug isn't invalid.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  Even if the keyring password is same as system password, gnome-keyring
  asks every time on login

Status in “gnome-keyring” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After reading on Google I found that setting the keyring password to
  the same password as the system password, gnome-keyring is not
  supposed to ask for the password, even if automatic login is selected.
  If I try to use the same password as my system password, it asks every
  time on login.  The only way I was able to get rid of it was to not
  set any password, thus leaving my information unencrypted.  I'd rather
  not leave my information unencrypted.

  If I delete the 'default' keyring, Ubuntu One loses my login
  information.  If I enter any password (even the same one as my system
  password) it asks me every time on login.  According to what I've
  read, it shouldn't.  Only if I leave it blank (which I would prefer
  not to do) it will leave me alone.

  I'm running a fresh, clean install (not an upgrade) of 12.04 LTS.
  gnome-keyring is version 3.2.2-2ubuntu4.

  Package: gnome-keyring 3.2.2-2ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Apr 29 04:22:51 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)